Friday, May 17, 2013

Making Ideas Come To Life

  For a technology rookie, spending six weeks in a technology course can be almost overwhelming.  There are so many things to remember; online standards, transitioning curriculum, authentic assessments, project possibilities, tools, tools, tools!  I have learned more already than I thought I would be able to apply to my second grade classroom.
  The booming numbers of awesome programs to use are the most applicable for me and my thirty eager pupils.  Making the transition to a more technologically savvy curriculum is made easy by the apps and websites available on the web.  Teaching kids to research, store their ideas, and present to others is a real life idea that better prepares them for the future.  I cannot wait to give each of the new programs a try!
  When sorting through all that surrounds online learning, I realize that taking the full curriculum online would not be possible for us just yet.  We, as a school system, are still acquiring the tools for 1:1 access.  We also need to educate ourselves on the possible programs that accompany those tools before bringing them into the classroom.  We still have many years of transitioning our classrooms to blended learning before taking on a completely online approach.
  Technology brings forth a whole new bag of tricks that are waiting to be opened.  I look forward to opening the bag and watching the future of teaching change. 

2 comments:

  1. I would strongly recommend using the symbaloo site to store the tools you find useful. I know at the beginning of this year, I had about a million things going and couldn't keep them all straight. I have found symbaloo a great resource. Everything is in one place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I am glad that I was introduced to symbaloo through this course! Sure helps keep those important and valuable sites organized.

    ReplyDelete